Recommendations for Online Retailer or Crocea Clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter hilde123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hilde123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
10
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for recommendations for online retailer to purchase some additional Crocea clams to add to my tank. My last purchase was from Clam Mania (about 6 months ago) and it was a disaster; took about 2 months to actually get anything and when I did the water was 120 degrees and they only survived for about 2 weeks. I'm looking for a place that has WYSIWYG and has them in the 2-3" size in a price range of $100 to $200.
 
I'm looking for recommendations for online retailer to purchase some additional Crocea clams to add to my tank. My last purchase was from Clam Mania (about 6 months ago) and it was a disaster; took about 2 months to actually get anything and when I did the water was 120 degrees and they only survived for about 2 weeks. I'm looking for a place that has WYSIWYG and has them in the 2-3" size in a price range of $100 to $200.
East Pacific Aquaculture or Corals.Com
IMG_0746.png
 
You might have better luck with a LFS that can get ORA or Biota clams in. Corals.com usually has clams and Golden State Corals gets them in as well. Crocea usually come in much smaller than other species, but I do see slightly larger ones here and there, but they'll be more depending on color, etc. A 1" crocea is several years old, so they are pretty hardy at that size, in fact, I don't see size as being an issue with clams, other than the larger wild caught maximas that come in.
 
Biota has them from time to time. I got one from them about 6 months ago. Their coral farm is right by my in-laws. Theirs don’t have the nicest colors though…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new