Recommendations for Toledo area and Cleveland Area

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just went up to Toledo about a month ago to visit my fiance's sick grandmother and visited 3 stores, Trilby Tropicals, Coral Reef and Ocean Treasures.

Not too impressed with what we found. Coral Reef did have a nice selection of fish, but we are going to be looking for corals. Zoanthids for me, acans and other LPS probably for Erika. Maybe a nice leather for our seahorses but not necessary.

Well the sick grandmother passed yesterday so we'll be up in the area again on Thursday and Friday.

Have we missed any good stores or any of the ones we visited been overhauled in the last month? We do not know the exact details of our visit yet, but we do know we should be there Thursday most of the day, probably stay the night, and a bit more on Friday. We'll bring a couple picos to hold everything at the hotel.

We'll also be heading to Cleveland on Friday for the burial and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of places that we must definitely check out while we're up there as well.

Perhaps we can meet some of you nice R2R folks while we're up if you want to do some trading. Probably have to run that last bit by the fiance first :wink:
Edit: Ok she says no! After looking at our schedule, looks like time will be tight.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple places, but they are a little ways from Cleveland. You can try Aquatic Technology in Columbia Station, or Salty Critters in Vermillion. There really aren't any good saltwater stores in Cleveland. There is also a kid in Lyndhurst that was on Craigslist. He's got a small business setup in an old school.

OP
OP
kev2me

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had talked about visiting Salty Critters on the way to Cleveland depending on the situation (2 hour funeral procession or not? Ugh, hope not)

We were also told to visit Tropicorium during our last visit but time was not on our side for the extra hour drive up north. This time we're definitely hoping we can swing by and check it out.

dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple places, but they are a little ways from Cleveland. You can try Aquatic Technology in Columbia Station, or Salty Critters in Vermillion. There really aren't any good saltwater stores in Cleveland. There is also a kid in Lyndhurst that was on Craigslist. He's got a small business setup in an old school.
I would not reccomend going to Aquatic Technology they are over priced however they got a lot of stuff. They just seem to arogant.

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, there isn't much else to speak of. There are some smaller stores but do not carry anything worthwhile when it comes to salt. He has the market cornered in this part of OH. Probably why I do most of my shopping online.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back