Recommendations powerhead in frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Joey Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
69
Reaction score
60
Location
Plantaion
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Deep Blue 60 gallon frag tank. The frag racks are on 3/4 inch egg crate supports. The water is 12 inches deep. I have mostly Zoas. I am looking for recommendations on what type of powerheads I should get. Thank you!!
 
I run 2 Gyre pumps in my frag tank. Plenty of flow for all types of corals.
 
They look like they would be perfect! Thank you
 
Thats exactly what I am looking for!
 
I will second some gyres. For shallow tanks they work especially well, either above or under the racks depending on height.
Could you elaborate? Im about to setup a frag tank that is 7" tall and wondering whether to put a gyre pump above racks or below
 
Well you don't want the gyres flow hitting directly on your frags. So if your frag rack legs are on the taller side, you mount the gyres such that the flow runs UNDER the racks. If the rack legs are short, run the flow up toward the water surface, so that it tumbles across the top.
 
Morning all. Happy Thanksgiving. Got the frag tank and need help on picking a powerhead for random flow. It’s a small tank. (24” x 20” x 9” deep). If I did the math right it only about 18 gallons. looking at the Jeabo ow-25 or something similar. Anyone have a favorite little power head for a tiny tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new