Recommendations wanted - pumps

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have two pump related issues that I'd like some advice on. Please note that I do not currently have a controller but one may be in my future.

1) I have a Bubble Magnus with three pumps but I'd like to have the ability to dose FOUR solutions (hello, Triton method). Should I replace it or should I get the extension?

2) I'd like to set up for automatic water changes. I can run a line from the basement to the tank but I need a pump that can move water from the basement to the first floor. Do I need a more powerful pump that a typical dosing pump? If so, does anyone have an experience with a specific pump that works in this application?

Thanks!
 
Hi all. I have two pump related issues that I'd like some advice on. Please note that I do not currently have a controller but one may be in my future.

1) I have a Bubble Magnus with three pumps but I'd like to have the ability to dose FOUR solutions (hello, Triton method). Should I replace it or should I get the extension?

2) I'd like to set up for automatic water changes. I can run a line from the basement to the tank but I need a pump that can move water from the basement to the first floor. Do I need a more powerful pump that a typical dosing pump? If so, does anyone have an experience with a specific pump that works in this application?

Thanks!
Neptune DOS works for that application (which is what I'm going with) not sure if the cheaper ones would. The head distance for my application will be fine but I'm going to help out a bit by having the clean water reservoir about halfway to the ceiling.
 
For auto water changes, I ran a Maxijet on a 30 second timer to the drain and then had a Tunze Osmolator fill the tank back up from the big reservoir. I did this twice a day. I do not do it anymore.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new