Recommended return pump for Waterbox 110.4

BiggDirty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I’m about to pull the trigger on my first tank - a Waterbox Marine 110.4. I’m looking for some advice on return pumps that would work well with this tank. One option I’m looking at is the Sicce 5.0, does anyone use this one?

This tank will be in our living room, so I was looking for something more on the quiet side if possible!

Cheers

SVTChili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea tank just a couple gallons bigger and I run a Reef Octopus Varios 4, no issues and it’s virtually silent.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I’m about to pull the trigger on my first tank - a Waterbox Marine 110.4. I’m looking for some advice on return pumps that would work well with this tank. One option I’m looking at is the Sicce 5.0, does anyone use this one?

This tank will be in our living room, so I was looking for something more on the quiet side if possible!

Cheers
I love the Sicce Syncra Silent 5.0. It would be perfect for this size tank, and mine is super quiet.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the waterbox 110.4 and running the reef octopus vaios 4 return and only running it at 40%. I tried running it at a higher speed but seems like the stock plumbing is quite restrictive and getting more vibrations and noise from the pump. Ive since upgraded the plumbing so the return is hard plumbed to the stock plumbing and not using the silicone hose. This help free up the restriction, but water coming out of the return nozzles were like jets of water.

Also if you have a high return flow rate, water entering the stock filter sock chamber would create quite a bit of noise and water splashes. I would highly recommend you ditch the stock filtersocks and use a roller filter instead.

SVTChili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have also specified that I do not have mesh filter socks and instead run baskets with ceramic media. I also have hard plumbed return pipes and a 3D printer diverter for the main return to prevent the “jet of water” as pointed out above.

On the Red Sea tanks the splashing can be adjusted and I only hear it when there’s a full moon.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in your 3D printed Diverter...can you share your STL file?
I should have also specified that I do not have mesh filter socks and instead run baskets with ceramic media. I also have hard plumbed return pipes and a 3D printer diverter for the main return to prevent the “jet of water” as pointed out above.

On the Red Sea tanks the splashing can be adjusted and I only hear it when there’s a full moon.

SVTChili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in your 3D printed Diverter...can you share your STL file?
If I made it I would, but I purchased from vivid creative aquatics a number of years ago. Not technically a diverter but a random flow generator. Hope that helps.

shoedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an infinia reef 150.4 with a jecod DCP-6500 at I have to run it at the lowest setting or the return would not be able to handle it and in turn causing noise from the emergency.

Back