Red and green Psammocora

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kano
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kano

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
216
Reaction score
8
Location
Boise, ID
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a zoa rock that had a tiny piece of psammocora (size of a dime) on it with the hopes that it would survive. It has grown out some and appears to be doing great! :smile: I just took it out of the water to scrape off some blue cloves that also came with it but I've never noticed it having tentacles coming out. I wasn't sure if this is a common color morph or not. Either way I'm happy with it. Let me know what you think and if you've seen it before. Thanks.
008-7_zps6183ef52.jpg
 
I agree. I forgot about leptoseris. I did a quick edit to get some of the blue out. As with all my pictures, it looks better in person.
008-7_zps5bc70c29.jpg
 
I doubt it. It came in on a zoa rock and I'm unsure if the LFS knew it was on there. The zoas were not very impressive and had some free aiptasia included as well. I could see a few inches of dead skeleton when I was getting the rock but only a little dime sized piece remained alive. I was surprised it survived since I thought it was dying off still but it pulled through *knock on wood*.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new