Red and green Psammocora

Kano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a zoa rock that had a tiny piece of psammocora (size of a dime) on it with the hopes that it would survive. It has grown out some and appears to be doing great! :smile: I just took it out of the water to scrape off some blue cloves that also came with it but I've never noticed it having tentacles coming out. I wasn't sure if this is a common color morph or not. Either way I'm happy with it. Let me know what you think and if you've seen it before. Thanks.
008-7_zps6183ef52.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I forgot about leptoseris. I did a quick edit to get some of the blue out. As with all my pictures, it looks better in person.
008-7_zps5bc70c29.jpg

ReefHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely lepto in that pic!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
K

Kano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it. It came in on a zoa rock and I'm unsure if the LFS knew it was on there. The zoas were not very impressive and had some free aiptasia included as well. I could see a few inches of dead skeleton when I was getting the rock but only a little dime sized piece remained alive. I was surprised it survived since I thought it was dying off still but it pulled through *knock on wood*.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back