Red and yellow staghorn corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter kartrsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kartrsu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
874
Reaction score
580
Location
Glendale, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I love my green slimer. Getting a blue one because my Oregon tort is growing slow AF. Came across possibly red and yellow stags. Anyone have an idea of what are some good options. I’ve seen PC rainbow and Red Robin frags, but not sure what the yellow variety is. Also not sure how these would look in 20K spectrum (100% blue, 50% whites). Can anyone help share photos of colonies and where I can possibly find them?
 
Yellow wouldn't be cervicornis, as those are West-Atlantic endemics, so they aren't collected for the aquarium hobby.
 
Yellow is the most difficult color to come by in my experience. @FarmerTy had some "goldensomethingorother" that looked pretty nice. Once upon a time anyway.
In a staghorn I haven’t had the pleasure unfortunately of having a yellow one that I can remember. It would be a nice complement to the other colors available.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new