Red banded shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alwmh4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well I'm not sure. It's listed in live aquaria as a goby and red banded pistol shrimp. Some of these guys have multiple common names.
 
Ok...a Pistol shrimp. They generally keep to the goby's hole and when they do travel, they are always close to the goby. Not likely to hurt fish or corals....although the goby may spread sand on the corals sitting on the sand bed and even bury them. they will protect the "den " den from hermits and snails, but the goby generally does this first.
 
So long as he doesn't attack my skunk shrimp. Only other small critter is a sixline. Sand bed is bare in some areas and 2"in others. This ok?
I already have a diamond goby so aware of sand dumping
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new