Red blood shrimp help

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
842
Reaction score
838
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello how long should I wait to add a red blood shrimp to my 40 gal breeder. It is currently 3 months old and has two clowns 1 snail and a toadstool. Also can I feed it the same pellets I feed my clowns?
 
These guys certainly have a nice color pop.

Any drawbacks to them in a typical mixed reef?

The red color seems well suited to a white light reef.
 
These guys certainly have a nice color pop.

Any drawbacks to them in a typical mixed reef?

The red color seems well suited to a white light reef.
They are reclusive preferring to inhabit over hangs and caves. Typically as they acclimate and age they will present for feedings, and be out and about more often.

It's my experience that they don't bother or steal food from corals.

You can acquire pairs. Fire Shrimp are more expensive than Skunk and Coral Banded Shrimp. Far more reef safe than Peppermint.

FB_IMG_1741464215747.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new