Red Bugs - Starting treatment.

I did my first dose of Interceptor Thursday. one tablet on 300 gallons. Skimmer, GFO and Carbon off. Had Poly extension on my Oregon Tort same day- have not had polyp extensions on that piece for a few weeks from the red bugs.

Did a 50 gallon water change yesterday, and So far looks like I got them. Going to do 2 more treatments.

Have not seen my emeralds or peppermint shrimp, My 2 xl cleaner shrimp are fine, and a few hermits still walking around.
 
just to remember you guys those tablet come in different sizes. if you dose a smaller amount than recommended ,you're taking the chances red bugs can survive. if your shrimps survived the red bugs can do the same.
 
So I used 2 pills for my second treatment. I don't see any more red bugs. Going to treat one more time. So far my 2 xl cleaner shrimp have made it. My emeralds died, and my peppermint is MIA
 
When I dosed my tank the shrimp would slow down and almost be blown around after 10 mins in the treated tank. I then was able to catch them and place them in the qt where they stayed. You will want to do 3 treatments a week apart so you kill all the eggs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new