Red bugs-yes???

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
2,076
Reaction score
1,395
Location
Portland,OR
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looking for others opinions on what's seen here if the photo is clear enough. Yellow body with red dot (red bugs, yes?)
RB2.png
 
Yeah, looks like red bugs :(


@ISpeakForTheSeas @vetteguy53081 @encrustingacro do you guys have good instructions for interceptor treatment?

I've treated for them about 8 years ago so I'm familiar with the process it's just sourcing interceptor which is going to be a challenge.

I put all my acros thru a decent QT with a separate QT system for a few weeks/multiple dips, replugging/tiles for everything acro- other corals which are few for me just get a HCL bath.

I was just looking for a second opinion or third or fourth lol

Thanks for the posting
 
Certainly red bugs.

A HCl bath?! As in hydrochloric acid?!


It kills all the pests LOL

My mistake it's been awhile since chemistry
Potassium chloride -KCL I believe?
 
Last edited:
Need help confirming what I'm dealing with. And experts out there can confirm these collected from a stressed acro
 

Attachments

  • 20240605_173157.jpg
    20240605_173157.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20240605_173001.jpg
    20240605_173001.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240605_173042.jpg
    20240605_173042.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240605_172847.jpg
    20240605_172847.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20240605_172608.jpg
    20240605_172608.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240605_173150.jpg
    20240605_173150.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 77

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new