Red burrowing Crab

  • Thread starter Thread starter krollins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
They're uca species, same as fiddler crabs.

They need land to burrow and breath. There honestly isn't a lot known about them but the assumption is if you want them to thrive they need the same requirements as the brackish fiddlers. I don't know what water parameters they actually need but assumption would be regular saltwater instead of brackish.

I personally never contacted anyone to ask where they collect these (would make things a whole lot easier), but I went through 200 species of fiddler crabs and couldn't find a match on the specific name. Quality marine list them as Paraleptuca crassipes (actually they list it as uca crassipes but that ain't a thing lol) but I'm not fully convinced (although their large distribution would check out), the blue ones I occasionally see look like Tubuca elegans to me, which is found on australian coast.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new