Red dragon apex controller

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a Speedy 150 and want to connect it to my Apex. I bought the Apex interface adapter. Anyone using this? how was the setup and what control will I get from my apex for my pump?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using the 0to10v reference from the Apex, you can control the skimmers pump speed. I do this with octo/varios pump. Set up speed profiles in apex, then switch them as desired using logic on the variable output that the interface cable is connected to. On the varios controller, simply sending out a reference overrode the manual speeds on the speed controller.

OP
OP
m.kristoff

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This for my return pump. I purchased the Red Dragon 3 Apex Interface Adapter. I would agree with what you said. it comes with all the cables. I'm pretty sure the speed can be controlled based on the limited instruction i can find. It says it will lock the buttons on the controller.

Will the Apex be able to control the pump with optical sensors for run drys or Feed modes? Can alerting be setup for the pump? I'm guess it can but want to verify. I am also assuming that ill pretty much get the same control as the Various on a Apex

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This for my return pump. I purchased the Red Dragon 3 Apex Interface Adapter. I would agree with what you said. it comes with all the cables. I'm pretty sure the speed can be controlled based on the limited instruction i can find. It says it will lock the buttons on the controller.

Will the Apex be able to control the pump with optical sensors for run drys or Feed modes? Can alerting be setup for the pump? I'm guess it can but want to verify. I am also assuming that ill pretty much get the same control as the Various on a Apex
What do you want to do for feed mode? I shut my return off via apex 120v outlet. You can use to speed ref to slow or stop, ditto for run drys.
Some devices have a non-linear response to the analog output. My tunze turbelle doesn't pump below 30% reference, for example.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back