Red Flame Wrasse HELP!!!!

RADION LOVER

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasse took a beating i was able to pull him out of my dt yesterday and move him to my sump the female is recovering but the male is just gasping for air upside down any last ditch tricks to save this $200 investment ive had for a couple of days im watching suffer and my wife get madder with every breath it takes upside down

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe.. Poor guy.. Maybe someone will be along to help..

Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he took a beating from what??? and are you talking about both male and female got a beating? if he is swimming upside down and trying to correct himself a lot I think its a swim bladder problem, if thats the case I am sorry but theres not much you can do. Usually fish that told a beating will lay on the bottom not moving much to save energy.

OP
OP
R

RADION LOVER

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my lfs they have a flame wrasse pair in there display with a Christmas wrasse and sixline so I was like sweet that's what I have well the sixline chased the female almost to death but I was able to retrieve her quickly and she doing better the male was being tagged by my Christmas wrasse. The male I wasn't able to retrieve as fast as the female so he is more beat up and barely kicking I will post pic... And yes I know they like sand but all I had was a bb refugium to put him in has plenty of LR if he decides to hide....

Day 1
20130320_140938_zpsdcfd3a36.jpg

Day 3
IMG_20130322_194958_zpsd98647cc.jpg

OP
OP
R

RADION LOVER

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IIt has good flow and I tossed in a air stone just because the way he's breathing like he's starving for oxygen. But this is looking down at him so now he's upside down breathing fast... Hope this guy makes it.... Now per wife I have to get rid of sixline and Christmas and start my wrasse collection again......

Last edited:

Slickwill613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steps to solution:
1. Make wife a nice meal.
2. Give wife a shoulder massage.
3. Suggest wife get a nice warm bath.

4. While wife is in bath find where she has hidden your testicles and... GET THEM BACK!!!

JK. Good luck with the fish though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back