Red hair algae

Doesn't look good, it's not red turf algae. From the spider web like appearance and the snot like consistancy, it may be dinos. Are they still present when the lights go off?
 
Upvote 0
No worries, thanks anyway, what seems to be weird is that chemiclean seems not to work too much, so I was thinking maybe it was something else
Very strange, I had red turf algae when my tank first started and it was quite firm and felt like a toothbrush. It's some form of slime algae I imagine. Also i'm sorry that this thread hasn't received much attention
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new