Red Legged Hermit Crabs Coral Safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter talh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

talh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
306
Reaction score
243
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 10 red legged hermits. I just got some new frags and the hermits climb all over them. Everywhere I look says they're reef compatible, but I'm not so sure. The coral close up and seem annoyed with a shelled invert on top of them.

Thoughts? Experience?
 
Hermits will often go to new frags to eat any algae or other food they bring in with them. It can annoy corals but the hermits will only eat the coral itself if it's dying. I wouldn't worry too much.
 
Id worry if they were still on them in the morning, they should clean it up and move on
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new