Red Linkia starfish and BTA's?

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do Red linkia starfish interact with BTA's? I just cleared my BTA explosion but still have 5 BTA's in my 180 reef. I added a red linkia starfish the other day. I watched him climb on the rock... come in contact with the BTA and go the other way... Will a BTA kill the starfish? ASSuming one sting would not...?

anyone with experience?

thanks!!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nature knows what to do and what not to do. I doubt they will interact to a point where one injures the other.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nature knows what to do and what not to do. I doubt they will interact to a point where one injures the other.
Nature can also be cruel. I had a haddoni carpet kill a large foxface.

I wouldn’t use nature to justify keeping organisms together in a relatively small tank. The ocean is very big. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How do Red linkia starfish interact with BTA's? I just cleared my BTA explosion but still have 5 BTA's in my 180 reef. I added a red linkia starfish the other day. I watched him climb on the rock... come in contact with the BTA and go the other way... Will a BTA kill the starfish? ASSuming one sting would not...?

anyone with experience?

thanks!!
I dont see linkia encountering BTA but you never know. Do realize Linkia starts are very sensitive to water quality and often challenge even the most experienced hobbyists. Research them well as they are beautiful specimens and can quickly deteriorate

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nature can also be cruel. I had a haddoni carpet kill a large foxface.

I wouldn’t use nature to justify keeping organisms together in a relatively small tank. The ocean is very big. :)
That's a good point, we are limiting space for our creatures but they would not have evolved and survived for millions of years without being adaptable and having instincts for survival but I do agree with your post.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good point, we are limiting space for our creatures but they would not have evolved and survived for millions of years without being adaptable and having instincts for survival but I do agree with your post.
I agree with your post as well. Bubble tips are relatively peaceful, and I don’t think a star fish would go inside one (but then again, starfish don’t have brains either lol).

It’s insane how linkias managed to survive for so long. They don’t seem adaptable in tanks.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back