Red Linkia starfish and BTA's?

Neptune 555

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
444
Reaction score
191
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do Red linkia starfish interact with BTA's? I just cleared my BTA explosion but still have 5 BTA's in my 180 reef. I added a red linkia starfish the other day. I watched him climb on the rock... come in contact with the BTA and go the other way... Will a BTA kill the starfish? ASSuming one sting would not...?

anyone with experience?

thanks!!
 
Nature knows what to do and what not to do. I doubt they will interact to a point where one injures the other.
 
Nature knows what to do and what not to do. I doubt they will interact to a point where one injures the other.
Nature can also be cruel. I had a haddoni carpet kill a large foxface.

I wouldn’t use nature to justify keeping organisms together in a relatively small tank. The ocean is very big. :)
 
How do Red linkia starfish interact with BTA's? I just cleared my BTA explosion but still have 5 BTA's in my 180 reef. I added a red linkia starfish the other day. I watched him climb on the rock... come in contact with the BTA and go the other way... Will a BTA kill the starfish? ASSuming one sting would not...?

anyone with experience?

thanks!!
I dont see linkia encountering BTA but you never know. Do realize Linkia starts are very sensitive to water quality and often challenge even the most experienced hobbyists. Research them well as they are beautiful specimens and can quickly deteriorate
 
Nature can also be cruel. I had a haddoni carpet kill a large foxface.

I wouldn’t use nature to justify keeping organisms together in a relatively small tank. The ocean is very big. :)
That's a good point, we are limiting space for our creatures but they would not have evolved and survived for millions of years without being adaptable and having instincts for survival but I do agree with your post.
 
That's a good point, we are limiting space for our creatures but they would not have evolved and survived for millions of years without being adaptable and having instincts for survival but I do agree with your post.
I agree with your post as well. Bubble tips are relatively peaceful, and I don’t think a star fish would go inside one (but then again, starfish don’t have brains either lol).

It’s insane how linkias managed to survive for so long. They don’t seem adaptable in tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new