Red mandarin qt

  • Thread starter Thread starter Keri P
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Keri P

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
12
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a wild caught red mandarin 2 weeks ago from lfs. They had him a week, I have had him in a 2.5 gallon qt since then. He looks great and is eating frozen brine. Do you think it’s safe to put him in main tank or should I give it 2 weeks longer? He looks really good, it’s just hard to keep this 2.5 tank going. Daily water changes, don’t want to hurt my clownfish and Blennie
Let me know what you think and thanks!
 
So I got a wild caught red mandarin 2 weeks ago from lfs. They had him a week, I have had him in a 2.5 gallon qt since then. He looks great and is eating frozen brine. Do you think it’s safe to put him in main tank or should I give it 2 weeks longer? He looks really good, it’s just hard to keep this 2.5 tank going. Daily water changes, don’t want to hurt my clownfish and Blennie
Let me know what you think and thanks!
Well, you already have the tank set up and are half way there....may as well watch him for another 2 weeks. They ARE resistant to diseases like Ich due to their mucus coating but that are still capable of carrying it. That is the proper answer. I am impatient and probably would put him in the DT lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new