Red Maxima

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef lvr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
here are the pics he sent me, i cropped and compressed them.
redclam.jpg

100_20061.jpg

nice looking, especially the right one I like the dots but cannot see the red very well though.
 
i can see some rusty orange but no red although i know its hard to capture color sometimes in pics .some of my corals frustrate me when i try to get a pic of thier true color.
 
can you try taking pics top down?
clam colors are just completely different from top down then through the glass
my lfs back home said they had a red max before but it sold the day he got it in so i didnt get a chance to see it
 
Thanks wicked demon for your help, it does look kind of orangie from side but looking top down is a totally diff story. T5's would be nice just have crappy ol coralife mh,pc's. I will work on top down pic's, i just got home.
 
I know nothing about photography,i have a friend that does thou. Next day or two i will have a pic of what i'm seeing here.
 
Me neither, although many times pictures I take don't look ANYTHING like they do in real life.
 
I would say that the regions that are suppose to be "RED" are just where the tissue is lacking photosynthetic pigment and it is just the color of the tissue itself!
 
If thats red then I need to visit the eye doctor soon.......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new