Red mushrooms

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Pencil urchin eats all the mushrooms. Couldn't figure out what was causing them to disappear or be half gone in the morning, until my wife found him actively consuming a green frilly mushroom one day. After he was moved to the sump the wounded mushrooms have recovered, and we've lost no newly added shrooms. I have a variety of Rhodactis, Discosoma, and Ricordeas that are all thriving with him gone now. Even the mushrooms I thought were completely gone (the pink with green spot Discosoma in the top right of the pic) seem to be recovering from the tiny bit of flesh left behind. Back up to 2 polyps now. I did have to replace my red with blue spots Discosoma though, they didn't come back

C18WYSIWYG-UltraMushroomPack-_75_1080x.png

OP
OP
Amy406

Amy406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a small red mushroom frag a few weeks ago. After reading this thread I'm thinking of removing it hmm....
You might want to give some serious thought to that thought I’m
My Pencil urchin eats all the mushrooms. Couldn't figure out what was causing them to disappear or be half gone in the morning, until my wife found him actively consuming a green frilly mushroom one day. After he was moved to the sump the wounded mushrooms have recovered, and we've lost no newly added shrooms. I have a variety of Rhodactis, Discosoma, and Ricordeas that are all thriving with him gone now. Even the mushrooms I thought were completely gone (the pink with green spot Discosoma in the top right of the pic) seem to be recovering from the tiny bit of flesh left behind. Back up to 2 polyps now. I did have to replace my red with blue spots Discosoma though, they didn't come back

C18WYSIWYG-UltraMushroomPack-_75_1080x.png
lol is it common for urchins to eat mushrooms, I’ve never had one before

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to give some serious thought to that thought I’m

lol is it common for urchins to eat mushrooms, I’ve never had one before
Pencil urchins are weird. He was fine with everything the first month, then decided mushrooms tasted fine. He now lives in the refugium where he eats Caulerpa to his heart's content, and cannot possibly keep up with the growth down there. Pretty sure he did eat the fireworks clove polyps that were on the rock in there though.

OP
OP
Amy406

Amy406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pencil urchins are weird. He was fine with everything the first month, then decided mushrooms tasted fine. He now lives in the refugium where he eats Caulerpa to his heart's content, and cannot possibly keep up with the growth down there. Pretty sure he did eat the fireworks clove polyps that were on the rock in there though.
I’ve always wanted one but wouldn’t want to put my corals at risk

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next week I will be receiving a lot more from a rescue,a whole reef full. I’m going to need to rehome alot of them.
Sign me up. Are you able to ship? Feel free to message me privately and we can discuss this further. I'd love to take some off of your hands!

OP
OP
Amy406

Amy406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sign me up. Are you able to ship? Feel free to message me privately and we can discuss this further. I'd love to take some off of your hands!
I have never shipped before, I have plenty of boxes for shipping but would have to track down some heat packs and might need some time due to the fact that they are all going to be attached to live rock. Definitely love to keep in contact with you if you’re serious about it

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back