Red/Orange Discosoma Mushrooms with Bubbles

MDKAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help! I have 4-5 Red/Orange Discosoma Mushrooms with unusual but pretty bubbles. I've searched all over the internet for information but have found nothing. I know they aren't bounce mushrooms.

This is so strange! I've never seen nor can I find anyone who has heard of these types of mushrooms developing bubbles.

Has anyone here seen anything like this? Do you believe this is a rare occurrence?

20191105_144234.jpg 20191105_144129.jpg

OP
OP
MDKAngel

MDKAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, that's normal appearance for some types of mushrooms.
Yes I understand it's normal for many other types of mushrooms to have bubbles such as the commenly known Rhodactis Bounce Mushroom, to name one. However, as I was trying to point out, and I did do some very extensive research, the bubble growth on the Discosoma Mushroom seems to be a bit more unusual. I can't find any similar pictures online anywhere. Can you???

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less common but I’ve seen some people post up pics of discosomas with bubbles. There was someone with bubbles jawbreakers that were pretty cool.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooohh give them a fancy name and sell them for high $$.... o_O ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
MDKAngel

MDKAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less common but I’ve seen some people post up pics of discosomas with bubbles. There was someone with bubbles jawbreakers that were pretty cool.
That would have been really cool to see. Wish that would had come up in my search.

OP
OP
MDKAngel

MDKAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they were bounce eclectus shrooms.

2CD33D1E-7493-4CF6-B4D4-3BF6AD51EF1E.jpeg
Wow I love the coloration of the red ones. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very beautiful!♥️
That is exactly what my Red/Orange Discosoma Mushrooms are being to do. Not to that extreme but I have about 4-5 shrooms developing very distinctive bubbles on their hood. I am honestly a little excited about it because it is quite neat to look at and I've yet to find another like it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.6%
Back