Red Sea 170 price

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife caught the saltwater bug and set up a redsea 170 with sump about 9months ago. Now that she knows she likes the hobby she wants to upgrade tanks so she can get some fish she actually wants. plan is to sell this and buy one of the new Nuvo 100 int tanks. So how much would you guys say a newer used redsea would go for? I've found some for around 800 with pump so I figured maybe start with that and see what happens

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Really depends on where you are as it will be most likely a local sale for pickup. That said there’s a guy in Florida selling his for $400 picked up

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you're right. We've been looking around all day and it seems the prices are anywhere from a "hurry pick this up for 300" or a "don't need to sell 800 firm"
Really depends on where you are as it will be most likely a local sale for pickup. That said there’s a guy in Florida selling his for $400 picked up

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Price will vary wildly depending on how quickly you're trying to sell it. R2R is a great place for selling locally, but so is Facebook and Craigslist.

I'd also reach out to LFS that you have a good relationship with. Some will be willing to basically do consignment in their shop and if their space is limited there is a possibility they will have a couple potential buyers in mind.

I know in my experience selling used equipment through a LFS is cake, whether it be acting as an intermediary or referring you to someone directly. The downside is you need to be more flexible on pricing with your immediate local market in mind.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price will vary wildly depending on how quickly you're trying to sell it. R2R is a great place for selling locally, but so is Facebook and Craigslist.

I'd also reach out to LFS that you have a good relationship with. Some will be willing to basically do consignment in their shop and if their space is limited there is a possibility they will have a couple potential buyers in mind.

I know in my experience selling used equipment through a LFS is cake, whether it be acting as an intermediary or referring you to someone directly. The downside is you need to be more flexible on pricing with your immediate local market in mind.

We just want to get the most possible. We are flexible but the more we make off this the more goodies we get for the upgrade

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back