Red sea 350 filter socks

KyOsIBa515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Curious if anyone has modified their sock holder on a red sea 350 sump? I have a V3 and I do like the design of the sump despite others liking the older version more.

However, my only gripe is the sock holder. It is a pain to slide the tray in and out all the time to change socks if you don’t use the auto top off tank. It would be much easier to be able to open the cabinet...pull the socks and put the new ones in. 10 second job vs pulling and fighting the tray. Anyone come up with a creative idea?

I thought about going a fleece roller but pulling socks is easy and doesn’t bother me and that is just one more piece of equipment to look after or fail.

Thanks!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Kopka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bumping this. The tray makes all that space to the left of the filter socks useless. I just want to be able to drop the socks in and pull them out when needed. Only thing I can think of is maybe cutting just the plastic part of the sock that gets locked between the tray and the glass.

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the XL200 sump with only one holder. I ditched the socks all together and replaced with their cup, as the idea of cleaning them properly, the time it takes, and having multiple sets would take too much time and effort to maintain. I place a bag of carbon at the bottom, and a fist full of poly fill on top. I found this to be the simplest form of maintenance as replacing the floss takes only a minute... 1x-2x a week. I don’t have my RSR ATO over top of my chamber anymore now that I upgrades to the Tunxe 3155 ATO, so my access should be similar to yours...

Back