Red Sea 350 Issues with Pump, Reefmat, and Precision Valve

  • Thread starter Thread starter EliMelly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EliMelly

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2022
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
3,872
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
Hello,

I just added in the new Red Sea 5500 pump and an Aqua Uv and I’m having several issues that I would defiantly appreciate help with. For one, the pump doesn’t seem to be strong enough, I proceeded to close the precision valve a bit but nothing has helped. Now the precision valve pipe that is connected to the Reefmat doesn’t seem to be functioning and the Reefmat went through an entire roll in almost 14 hours! The sump is continuously near overflowing and the display tank water level is much lower than it normally is. Can anyone take a look and let me know the best way to proceed?

2A1B2865-1D58-43D2-A197-2B5CA0F07BC8.jpeg
9EFF6F69-E953-4B2D-A9D9-B9A3C176E90B.jpeg
E9F49382-884A-4E94-922D-CC630E49A49B.jpeg
C3E3D900-8C7B-493D-833C-768822FAA2E8.jpeg
 
The 5500 should be enough flow for the 350. What do you have the speed set to? I assume you're running from the return pump into the UV and then into the return pipes, or...? Every 90° turn (or equivalent) counts as 1' for calculating head height.

If you went through an entire roll of fleece in 14 hours your flow is probably set too high or something else is configured incorrectly. If your sump is near overflowing something is amiss (the water level should typically be several inches below the glass "brackets" on the sides.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new