OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man i didnt know this... just discovered this.. keep trucking along.. i have sticks if u need stick eventually just let em grow and u can snatch some
Thank you for your offer. Most of my corals are salvaged and in Bill‘s system Till I can get my new tank and up and running.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Option 1 is the obvious solution. I hear everything is going great in Europe these days, and you can give the corals to me :) Obviously I vote 2 also. I'm happy to help out in any way that I can including holding some of your corals for you if I can find space in my systems. Also on a serious note regarding vacations, you can count on me to be a tank sitter if you go somewhere for an extended period. I'm happy to visit the tank on a daily basis to feed and check things over.

Wow. Having Bill take care of your tank while you are on vacation is awesome. I wish I could ask him to do that. Then I would have no worries when I am travelling. Too bad he lives in a different state.

Good thing you are not quitting. We loose too many good reefers. Option 2 is what I would have done also.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ken, I meant to ask this before when you gave us the last FTS before tear down. You had what I suppose was a natural rock frag rack attached to the front of your overflow. How did you afix that? Think about doing the same. Would you recommend or not?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ken, I meant to ask this before when you gave us the last FTS before tear down. You had what I suppose was a natural rock frag rack attached to the front of your overflow. How did you afix that? Think about doing the same. Would you recommend or not?
It’s the Tunze rock mount. It’s held on by Magnets. With the new aquascape I’m doing I’ll probably not use that.

I’m not sure how much I would sell it for and shipping right now is crazy high but if you’re interested we can work something out. I already acid cured it but it could use a bleach cure too.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the new Aquascape design. The idea is it has 2 main heights an upper and lower.
Also, since I am a fan of bare bottom tanks, I wanted allot of floor flow. So all the rock is only touching the glass at small points.
Front

back

side

The top view here shows all the surface space I have now for coral. The blue line is 12-16” the red line is 5-10” from the bottom.

In case anyone wonders, no the rock doesn’t interfere with walls, or overflow. It only looks like it might because of the lens and angle.

Here it all is taken apart. I created three major pieces and they are joined by 4 bridge pieces.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This must be exciting for you.
Honestly... no it’s not... I did all this building and had everything in good running order. Now I have to do it all over again and it’s no fault of mine.. just frustrating.

The only real benefit, I can do some things nicer than before. The under cabinet lighting is getting redone. I’ll hard mount my testing gear better. It will be a cleaner finish than before.

I might just skip the sump manifold thing too. I found I just never used it much. I can run separate pumps for everything and have better control.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any upgrades that you see to this version of the 625 xxl?
The stand has several changes and reinforcements. There is a metal piece across the front. Also the exact same reinforcements that they did on the 750 are done to this tank too.

The tank added armor in the corners. The glass all the way around is now 47/64” (3/4”) previous version had 1/2” side panels and bottom glass.
Plumbing and sump are unchanged, which is a bummer. I was hoping for more flow.

Stand assembled to the point of tank installation.

Last edited:

rebels23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I'm happy to see the metal lip made it on to the 625. I've always felt the front panel hanging off the front (for aesthetics) contributed to seams separating. Now with the metal lip there should be more support on the front panel. The inside upright panel remains as one (on the 750 it is now double paneled). Does it now come with the aluminum brace also?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I'm happy to see the metal lip made it on to the 625. I've always felt the front panel hanging off the front (for aesthetics) contributed to seams separating. Now with the metal lip there should be more support on the front panel. The inside upright panel remains as one 9on the 750 it is now double paneled). Does it now come with the aluminum brace also?
Yes, but you install it after the leveling and sump go in. It's like the last thing to put in.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, you are not just waiting around. Great progress. Feels like just yesterday you were reporting on the seam fail.

That is a fine look you have going there. I've been transitioning my scape over to something roughly similar in order to:
a) achieve much better flow
b) allow me to keep the sandbed well managed
c) space out my colonies for a better reef aesthetic

Are you going to bring back ALL of your old coral? Or more specifically, what are you NOT going to put back in? I removed or fragged up probably 75% of coral by volume.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. This is amazing progress Ken. I have been meaning to ask you what type of rocks are those? I saw the pics out of the water and couldn't tell.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back