Red sea 650 led upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drizzt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Drizzt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
61
Location
Covina, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup refers!! Red sea has come out with upgrade led kit (4 hydra 24). I want to change to the led for cost$$ of running and the features of led but worried about my losing corals. Most of my high end corals are still small but would hate to loose them. I think it would be better to do it know then later. Any suggestions? Current lights 10 x t5!
 
I could gut 4 of the 5 tx5 and have 6 t5 and some combination of led. Cost would still be close.
 
Bump for other opinions but I would gut 4 keep 6 see how you like things and you could always reduce bulbs.

I ran mainly led for couple years and recently added T5 wish I could add a couple more. Seeing some different colors out of my acros since adding the T5. However I would not give up led and certainly would take a hydra if I had some extra cash.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new