Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thomas hudson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get this brand new plus a reef octopus classic, salt, return pump, and live sand for 2K.. to dumb cheap not to buy it?? It has only seen water and nothing else. Its to big for the guys apartment.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was putting together my 140g peninsula style tank, rumor of a Red Sea peninsula started appearing. About the time I was putting water in my system, they were released. Neat system. A bit different from what I built, but not all that much, really. I am quite happy with my peninsula, but if that Red Sea had been available _before_ I built mine? Well, it'd have been tough not to go that way. Probably would have saved a bundle, too... over my completely custom setup.

If you have the room, and a peninsula system is what you're wanting... yeah, I'd say buy it.

On the other hand, I have found that 'settling' for something that isn't quite what you really want to save money is rarely a good buy. If you're going to end up unhappy with it, or end up buying twice, then it's likely a horrible decision.

OP
OP
T

thomas hudson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was putting together my 140g peninsula style tank, rumor of a Red Sea peninsula started appearing. About the time I was putting water in my system, they were released. Neat system. A bit different from what I built, but not all that much, really. I am quite happy with my peninsula, but if that Red Sea had been available _before_ I built mine? Well, it'd have been tough not to go that way. Probably would have saved a bundle, too... over my completely custom setup.

If you have the room, and a peninsula system is what you're wanting... yeah, I'd say buy it.

On the other hand, I have found that 'settling' for something that isn't quite what you really want to save money is rarely a good buy. If you're going to end up unhappy with it, or end up buying twice, then it's likely a horrible decision.
oh no, i want it lol.. bad.. !

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look it over for sure and if everything checks out buy it.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh no, i want it lol.. bad.. !
What's the problem then?

Pry your wallet out, and bring it home :) You're looking at half price, or better.

I stumbled upon a pellet smoker at Sam's club last Saturday. I'd been thinking about replacing mine, but hadn't really decided... sure wasn't there to buy one. But when you find a $700 smoker on sale for $350, well... I'd have been a fool not to :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back