Red Sea 90 LED reef light mounting trouble

littlefoxx

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
12,085
Reaction score
12,238
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting on this thread to hopefully get more views.

Hey guys, switching my tank to red sea reef lights. I encountered an issue. The mount does not fit on my tank, I have a weird rim that the bracket cant fit around. Anyone have any suggestions on how to work around this?

Here is the rim and bracket.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Unfortunately, without some redneck engineering, that bracket will not fit over your trim.

I've cut the lip away in the past but it looks like your top rail is even too thick to be used (assuming the jaws are all the way open)
 
You can heat up a stanley knife and cut the plastic molding to get it to fit. I've had to do it before. Go slow and neat and you won't even be able to tell.
 
You can heat up a stanley knife and cut the plastic molding to get it to fit. I've had to do it before. Go slow and neat and you won't even be able to tell.
Okay cool! I will for sure try that!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new