Red Sea Comparison of various methods for Nitrate and Phosphate Reduction Chart

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

Just as the saying of "those who talk the loudest..." also applies to "those who talk the longest".
Only until you know the ingredients 100% can you attempt to prove things from an academic standpoint. To try to argue that point proves quite a bit.
Science is one of the only subjects where humility comes into play.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

Just as the saying of "those who talk the loudest..." also applies to "those who talk the longest".
Only until you know the ingredients 100% can you attempt to prove things from an academic standpoint. To try to argue that point proves quite a bit.

So basically you believe that unless you know all the ingredients of any product, you cannot judge that product by its performance in people's tanks?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys go ahead and spend a ton of money on crap. I just throw in good old vodka (for nitrates) and stuff called SeaKlear(for phosphates) , and BOOM, I don't have any Nitrates or Phosphates. Put it all down on paper if you'd like, I don't care, argue it until your blue in the face, it works, plain and simple, and, and, and, Your gonna love this........Its cheaper than anything else you can dose your tank, period.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys go ahead and spend a ton of money on crap. I just throw in good old vodka (for nitrates) and stuff called SeaKlear(for phosphates) , and BOOM, I don't have any Nitrates or Phosphates. Put it all down on paper if you'd like, I don't care, argue it until your blue in the face, it works, plain and simple, and, and, and, Your gonna love this........Its cheaper than anything else you can dose your tank, period.

I don't think you can argue against what someone else uses if you dose unnecessary chemicals yourself, no matter what the cost. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1

@Kungpaoshizi are you Aviad from RedSea?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can argue against what someone else uses if you dose unnecessary chemicals yourself, no matter what the cost. :)
Why not? They are talking about adding something unnatural to the tank to control nutrients.......And so am I, whats the difference?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you George from Seinfeld?

(lol no I'm not, sorry)

OK. Thanks for the info. :)

It seemed as if you had signed a post of yours with the name Aviad, but it seems you had copied that from Aviad's post at RC, where he had in turn been copying a Red Sea advertisement.

In any case, you can understand how that would be a serious concern if it were true.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! This whole thread has left a bad taste in my mouth. Not what I had come to see on R2R.

Sorry. This sort of thing can happen when people feel strongly about their viewpoints and there is no answer that satisfies everyone.

Hopefully you will find other discussions more to your liking. :)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
dang people are crazy who says randy dont kno everything neither do u neither do i neither does everyone on this and every other forum but honestly theres about 20 thousand people today that couldnt have done it without randys help or columns including me nd thats #1 how you justify someones knowlegde ,imo i use racing fuel anybody can control and type of carbon dosing they do and HS forms anyway in a tank regardless , ive had same results dosing methanol with nopox

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you George from Seinfeld?

(lol no I'm not, sorry)

HA! Maybe I am!!!!

George-costanza.jpg

But seriously next time you quote some one maybe make sure you actually use quotes. It looked like you were someone else. ;)

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I never would have found R2R were it not for the fact that this is where Randy Holmes-Farley hangs out. When I used to ask a reefing question on Google, I would get a lot of hits. But only some of the hits were worthwhile, most were inconclusive or utterly unhelpful. Occasionally however, there was one hit that stood out above the rest in it's sound science, concise explanation, and robust detail. Once I realized that one great hit, the one I would bookmark, the one where I thought "this will be an invaluable resource in the future" was almost always authored by the same guy, I told myself I need to start hanging out wherever he does. Thank you Randy for all of your help in this community.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back