Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Anthony Kochevar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know, another salt post.

Is anyone using this salt and what are your experiences? Been using this since I started my tank a year ago and I just haven't been to happy with how the tank looks, I'm hearing the Alk is way to high. Thinking of switching to something else.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea pro has elevated elements,if that’s what you are shooting for than this is the salt for you. I was using fritz and did not like the way ever water change it mixed differently..I than moved to Red Sea blue bucket and did not like the way it left residue..I have since moved to tropic marin and love it.. my corals have never been happier

Jinko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not had any experience with this salt but fwiw I changed from dry salt to 2 part liquid around 8 months ago and wouldn't go back.
Ati absolute ocean, its works out a bit more expensive but worth it IMO as every batch of water you make up will be optimal parameters.

Not entirely sure it's avalible in the US though, worth checking though.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know, another salt post.
Is anyone using this salt and what are your experiences? Been using this since I started my tank a year ago and I just haven't been to happy with how the tank looks, I'm hearing the Alk is way to high. Thinking of switching to something else.
I use it. I mix it 50/50 with the red sea blue bucket. I dont have a lot of SPS so the added alk and other elements was way too much over time. I change out 10% per week

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back