Red Sea DIY Screen Top Kit Cable Management Help

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished assembling the Red Sea DIY Screen Top kit. After some experimenting and learning a few tricks, it was nowhere near as bad as reviews and comments had me worried it would be. You do have to be willing to invest a significant amount of time (couple hours total), some decent DIY/thought, and a great deal of OCD/patience. Overall, mine did come out well with no screen tears or significant loose areas. I am happy with the results thus far as I had reasonable expectations for price vs the gold standard of Top Lids, OctoLids, Clear View, etc. One day I will hopefully be able to upgrade....

Anyways, I need assistance with the cable management cutouts. I snipped the back corner pieces as they are designed, but the opening does not seem to be large enough for the RW cable to fit through without elevating the lid unless it is straight up and down. Other than taking a routing tool to enlarge the cutout, any suggestions of how to get the wire to fit through the opening nice? I plan on attaching some wire holders to the back of the tank, but not sure if this will keep it positioned well enough. Open to any advice or suggestions. Thanks.

smellytunic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe a dremel or a file to expand the size of the cutout. That should make it easer to round out the opening to allow the cable to fit without having much or any impact on the tabs that hold the frame pieces in.

OP
OP
Rudzbrewski

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a dremel or a file to expand the size of the cutout. That should make it easer to round out the opening to allow the cable to fit without having much or any impact on the tabs that hold the frame pieces in.
This is what I was thinking, but sometimes this community has some incredibly genius solutions as well. Most likely the simple answer is the best one here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back