Red Sea Foundation ABC+ / Good Stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Since that post I've been dosing Red Sea Colors C & D. The ABC+ already has Colors A & B in it.

I still love this system and have to give RedSeaKev and big "Thank You" for the guidance he's provided me.

My DOS pumps have been collecting dust since last fall.

My Coral colors, growth and health have never been better. :D

I still dose up alk separately from time to time but no big deal.

It's so easy to use and gives awesome results if it balances out for you.

If you would like to give it a shot then you dose 1ml of Colors C & D to every 13.3 grams of the ABC+ powder.

BRS usually has a great price on the 5 KG bucket of the ABC+.

Reds, Greens, Blues, Purples, Oranges and Yellows. :)
Red Sea Colors.jpg

If you have questions or results then please post.

Regards, GoVols
What salt are you using? New to all this so here is my question Mag usually you don't add it as much as water changes take care of this. So adding ABC+ won't that raise mag too much? Based on your tank, how much trace-colors are you dosing daily? are you also using coral nutrition ?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt are you using? New to all this so here is my question Mag usually you don't add it as much as water changes take care of this. So adding ABC+ won't that raise mag too much? Based on your tank, how much trace-colors are you dosing daily? are you also using coral nutrition ?
I'm using the Red Sea "Blue Bucket" and dosing up to my display.
When I get done with this "Blue Bucket, then I'm going back to the Fritz RPM. It mixes to what my display likes.

I keep my display @ 1.025sg
Cal: 430 - 440
Alk: 8 - 8.5
Mag: 1400 - 1420

And the RPM nails those #'s. :)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey @GoVols , I'm about to start dosing, and can't figure out how much to scoop in.

My small container has a 20g, and a 2 g side of the scoop. My tank is a 29 gallon biocube. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I can' tfind an answer online.

Thanks!

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dose for Alkanity consumption. I think the small scoop is like 2g, so I would start with 2g. I think I was doing 4g on my Reefer 170 in the beginning

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey @GoVols , I'm about to start dosing, and can't figure out how much to scoop in.

My small container has a 20g, and a 2 g side of the scoop. My tank is a 29 gallon biocube. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I can' tfind an answer online.

Thanks!
You dose to your calcium's intake (drop) of your reef.

You let you cal fall, then hit it with the ABC+ and make sure to keep the alk and mag in-balance.
Read the instruction's on the label and do the math to how many mg's to dose to the gallons that your holding.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just happen to have a bucket I mistakenly purchased and started to dose last night due to my top off pump broke and Im manually topping off so no kalk for several weeks . I have also slowed to 2-3 weeks between WC.
So i was worried about trace, mag and cal , I have been manually dosing alk. I am in the same boat as the other poster there is no start point listed in the little pamphlet in the bucket and my eyes cant read the label (its the label not my eyes) :rolleyes: I searched red sea abc+ and found the very tank I was amazed with just days earlier.
Well it looks like I will give this bucket a GO. I see now that the scoop is 20 grams(no markings on mine) and am I to believe the start point is between 2-4 grams daily?
I have a 75g with a 2og sump =95g minus 15 sand and rock lots of coraline, Lps and sps frags .
thanks

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a solid product, I think it's out of flavor because it cannot be automated. It's really 5 products in one: Alk, Mg, Ca, Colors A, Colors B.

The other end of the scoop should be 2g? I no longer have it.

As @GoVols said, you should dose to match your Calicum uptake, many use Alk assuming they are being consumed equally (but that isn't a guarantee). I would start with 2-4g and measure your Alk/Ca. I measured my Alk nightly with the Hanna until I got it dialed in then switched to testing every 3 days or so.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a solid product, I think it's out of flavor because it cannot be automated. It's really 5 products in one: Alk, Mg, Ca, Colors A, Colors B.

The other end of the scoop should be 2g? I no longer have it.

As @GoVols said, you should dose to match your Calicum uptake, many use Alk assuming they are being consumed equally (but that isn't a guarantee). I would start with 2-4g and measure your Alk/Ca. I measured my Alk nightly with the Hanna until I got it dialed in then switched to testing every 3 days or so.
The ABC+ is meant to be dosed to your cal. over time you have to bump up you alk.
If you dosed the ABC+ to your alk, your cal will keep climbing :D

ZhiYung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why after I dose 30 gram of abc+ my alk drop ? My Ca was 380, after i dosed, it up to 400ppm. My alk was 7dkh, after dosed, it dropped to 6.5dkh. I have a 480 liter reef tanks with only 3 corals at the moment : GSP, toadstool and pipe organ.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back