Red Sea 350 G2+ Seam Failure

QuinnLee512

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Messages
650
Reaction score
225
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bought tank in May 2024. This is what my top right seam looks like. Just submitted support ticket to red sea. Any idea how long I have until this starts leaking? I've looked at IM and Waterbox and they have lead times of at least a month. I might be stuck with red sea in order to get a tank asap.



20260821_205215.jpg
 
So, this tank is definitely failing, and when they go, they often go all at once…

I’d recommend looking at that same seam as viewed from almost exactly the opposite direction of your photo to look through the short side pane glass at a extreme angle and see if the silicone is also peeling away from the short side pane anywhere around there…

Either way, I’d recommend taking this tank down sooner, rather than later… it’s a LOT of water on the floor…


Best-bet for now? Go pick up a 50-100G Rubbermaid stock tank or equivalent, possibly set it up adjacent to the tank if possible to allow you to plumb the stock tank to your existing sump…

— This sound silly, but it has saved countless reefers livestock, and serves as a proven long-term holding tank strategy that allows you to move your livestock and rock over, drain the display tank, and really make yourself some breathing room to think/plan carefully about your next (non Red Sea) tank!
 
This happened to me a few weeks ago and Red Sea replaced it very quickly. I transferred my fish to two totes and they did ok there until the take came in which took about 5 days. I also got a new 5 year warranty with it because I upgraded to a slightly bigger tank.
 
I just got done moving everything to a stock tank. Luckily I was able to find a uns r120 local. I knew about this potential problem but now that it's happened to me, not d
20260824_184401.jpg
oing a Red Sea tank again. Warranty is nice but too risky and a pain to have to transfer tanks. Still haven't received a response to my email.
 
This happened to me a few weeks ago and Red Sea replaced it very quickly. I transferred my fish to two totes and they did ok there until the take came in which took about 5 days. I also got a new 5 year warranty with it because I upgraded to a slightly bigger tank.
Hi. Did it come with any plumbing? Or just the glass?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new