Red Sea Foundation B crystallizing

4ddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a problem with Red Sea foundation B for alkalinity dosing. My issue is the liquid is crystallizing and clogging my dosing tube. This the second time happening; the first being three days ago. Apex controlled DOS using silicone tubing is what’s controlling the dosing. The solution is stored in an acrylic container.
Any idea? It completely forms a clog. Dropping my AlK cuz of it.

3Qhty6z.jpg

three pieces with one main one.

ESOoKbx.jpg

Measuring cup for size

OP
OP
4ddiction

4ddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to dilute the solution with warm rodi 1:1. Crystals melted once the water was added. I also doubled my current dose to account for the dilution. We’ll see if the tube clogs again.

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to dilute the solution with warm rodi 1:1. Crystals melted once the water was added. I also doubled my current dose to account for the dilution. We’ll see if the tube clogs again.

are you mixing it in your dosing container? If you are try mixing it another container let it settle out then pour it into the dosing container. To mix completely you needs to be warm water.

Ifreitas14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happened to me to I usually shake the bottle and than pour it in a dosing container and than warm up some ro water and shake the bottle again and pour the rest and stir the solution every couple days

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happened to me to I usually shake the bottle and than pour it in a dosing container and than warm up some ro water and shake the bottle again and pour the rest and stir the solution every couple days

If you don't stir every couple days does it still crystallize?

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem with a few bottles I had. One was really bad and I just got rid of the lumps. Why does this happen? Is it a batch issue or possible storage temperature issue?

OP
OP
4ddiction

4ddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to think it has to do with temperature. My sump system and dosing containers are in my basement. It can hit around 60 degrees down there. The crystal problem began come first few strong frosts. During the summer there was no issue.

Since mixing the solution with 1:1 water I had no issues with clogging.

Back