Red Sea foundation/trace/coral elements solutions

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R members. Many months ago, we battled algae and won. Some may know but we started adding corals to our tank. Upon reading Red Sea elements, they recommended adding Trace elements ABCD, Reef Energy Plus, and NO3:pO4-X into our system for great coral growth and color. We started and we developed algae again. Just wondering if anyone else started using the Red Sea elements and battled the same problem. It could be possible that I am not adding the elements correctly or possibly adding too much, either way, still wondering if this is a good idea. What are your thoughts?

Please note, not trying to bash Red Sea.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use all of those as well but I don't use a regimen. On my last tank, I already learned the hard way that too much aminos = algae unless you're just really good at exporting.

Now I use those three based on how the tank looks. For example, right after a water change, I feel comfortable adding aminos. I never add it close to water change time. The response is that my lps are fluffy and sps polyps come out extra.

On the other hand, I add nopox and microbactr7 at the halfway mark for water change time or if I've been feeding heavy.

ABCD goes in at the hallway point too.

Not an exact science but it works for me... Most of the time lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back