Red Sea G2 60 watt

  • Thread starter Thread starter marco93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

marco93

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
Location
Italy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I’ve set up my Red Sea G20 (60W) light as shown in the attached photo. I’ve been advised to gradually increase the blue channel, keep blue higher than white during the day, and to include a bit of moonlight violet even if just slightly. Toward the evening, it seems ideal to leave mostly just a bit of blue for a softer sunset effect.

Could anyone using the same light share their full lighting schedule or settings? I’d love to compare and get a better idea of how to optimize mine. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_2025-07-08-09-50-31-043_com.hippotec.redsea.jpg
 
Hi everyone,
I’ve set up my Red Sea G20 (60W) light as shown in the attached photo. I’ve been advised to gradually increase the blue channel, keep blue higher than white during the day, and to include a bit of moonlight violet even if just slightly. Toward the evening, it seems ideal to leave mostly just a bit of blue for a softer sunset effect.

Could anyone using the same light share their full lighting schedule or settings? I’d love to compare and get a better idea of how to optimize mine. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_2025-07-08-09-50-31-043_com.hippotec.redsea.jpg
Have you gotten good results with your light ?
 
Hi everyone,
I’ve set up my Red Sea G20 (60W) light as shown in the attached photo. I’ve been advised to gradually increase the blue channel, keep blue higher than white during the day, and to include a bit of moonlight violet even if just slightly. Toward the evening, it seems ideal to leave mostly just a bit of blue for a softer sunset effect.

Could anyone using the same light share their full lighting schedule or settings? I’d love to compare and get a better idea of how to optimize mine. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_2025-07-08-09-50-31-043_com.hippotec.redsea.jpg
Have you gotten good results with your light ?
Hi everyone,
I’ve set up my Red Sea G20 (60W) light as shown in the attached photo. I’ve been advised to gradually increase the blue channel, keep blue higher than white during the day, and to include a bit of moonlight violet even if just slightly. Toward the evening, it seems ideal to leave mostly just a bit of blue for a softer sunset effect.

Could anyone using the same light share their full lighting schedule or settings? I’d love to compare and get a better idea of how to optimize mine. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_2025-07-08-09-50-31-043_com.hippotec.redsea.jpg
Have you gotten good results?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new