Red Sea G2 Equipment?

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah I don't mind adding a fourth light if need be. I think the magnets should be powerful enough as they seem very strong but I haven't tried on the thickness so that may be a problem. Hoping it is fine though.
You could look up the specs and see if it works. Btw, I currently run an IM25.

OP
OP
Chef Mateo

Chef Mateo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could look up the specs and see if it works. Btw, I currently run an IM25.
Oh nice that is actually one of the two tanks I have set up right now (assuming the 25 lagoon?).

It's a really nice looking tank, I've just found it to be a bit limiting in terms of life within it due to the dimensions and lack of lid. But a perfect tank for the first 5 years of my reefing.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do you think it's realistic to do both a refugium + skimmer off the bat? I've always been very curious about refugiums just have not had the space to have one properly running.
I have run both in all 5 of my Red Sea tanks a 350, xl525, XXL750 XXXL900 and S1000. No problem with both. Also skimmers generally have a break in stage where they foam up like crazy. Best to get it dialed in before you need it IMO.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea tank and I went with all ecotech components and lights. I like having everything on one app that is easily accessible to view status and modify if needed.

VanCityReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id recommends a UV sterilizer as well.

Re the Skimmer, I have the RSK 600 and it's not the quietest, but you do get used to the white noise. This is probably the first piece of equipment that I bought that I will upgrade.

I have the Vectra L2 return pump and I love it. Zero complaints, super easy to clean as well. I actually bought one for my mixing station as well just because it has been easy and reliable. Plus its nice to have a backup in case anything happens.

Re controller, I know everyone seems to talk about Apex, but I personally don't like the way their products are designed, who has room for all the weirdly shaped equipment? Ive been using GHL since the start and I love it. Easy to use, great customer support, and stackables <3. Only downside is the GUI is not the most user friendly, but there are a lot of great guides available and most of the time you only go on once to set up/ and then youre good to go

Wendyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What equipment has everyone been adding to the new Red Sea Reefer G2 systems?

I'm looking at a tank upgrade from my current set up of a 25 IM Lagoon and a 20 Long to a Red Sea Reefer on the larger side (425, 525, 625 or 750) and I don't currently know the full equipment list, this is what I currently have on the list:

Lights (already have)
Powerheads (already have)
Heater (already have)
Protein Skimmer (suggestions please, was looking at the red sea skinners)
Return Pump (again suggestions please, was looking at reef octopus models)
ReefMat

I also would like an aquarium controller + dosing but I probably will not purchase those with the initial tank.

Also if anyone owns any of the 425, 525, 625 or 700 I would love to see pictures !
1000000863.jpg

Back