Red Sea LED 50 vs 90

WillowDemetriou

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
8
Location
Scotland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a d-d reef pro 900 tank (90x60cm, 46 cm height). Looking to get the Red Sea LED lights and wondering if it would be better to get a pair of the LED 50s or a pair of LED 90s. Beginner looking to start with softies and LPS corals.
 
Last edited:
I have a d-d reef pro 900 tank (90x60cm, 46 cm height). Looking to get the Red Sea LED lights and wondering if it would be better to get a pair of the LED 50s or a pair of LED 90s. Beginner looking to start with softies and LPS corals.
I bought a couple of the 50’s to go along with a Kessil I already had and they really put out a lot of par. Currently I am only running them at 60 percent and getting 100ish par on the sand in a 22” deep tank.
I have no experience with the 90’s but would assume they are more powerful.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new