Red Sea LED 90 connectivity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mysphit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Red Sea reef led 90’s. All worked great until about a week ago in which one started to randomly disconnect from the app and not turn on. I would toggle power and it would kick on as grouped right away.

Yesterday, the toggle trick doesn’t work. Reafbeat is now telling me my phone and light are on different networks. I hard reset ALL my ReefBeat controlled devices, got everything working. About 2am I get a message that my LED has lost connectivity again. Tried toggling power, no luck.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? As you can imagine half a tank of lights is not doing well for my corals…

thanks in advance.

Ol’Murph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Red Sea reef led 90’s. All worked great until about a week ago in which one started to randomly disconnect from the app and not turn on. I would toggle power and it would kick on as grouped right away.

Yesterday, the toggle trick doesn’t work. Reafbeat is now telling me my phone and light are on different networks. I hard reset ALL my ReefBeat controlled devices, got everything working. About 2am I get a message that my LED has lost connectivity again. Tried toggling power, no luck.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? As you can imagine half a tank of lights is not doing well for my corals…

thanks in advance.
I had the same issue awhile back. After some troubleshooting, I figured out it was the power supply beginning to fail. You can test this by swapping the two power supplies and the issue will follow it to the other light.

There was a time you could contact Red Sea and they would send you another power supply, either in or out of warranty, but I believe those days are gone. I would give them a shout and see if they will replace. If not, they are available online for about 50 bucks.

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue awhile back. After some troubleshooting, I figured out it was the power supply beginning to fail. You can test this by swapping the two power supplies and the issue will follow it to the other light.

There was a time you could contact Red Sea and they would send you another power supply, either in or out of warranty, but I believe those days are gone. I would give them a shout and see if they will replace. If not, they are available online for about 50 bucks.
In my aggravated attempt to reconnect everything after redoing my network. I plugged a working light into the power supply from a light that won’t show a WiFi signal. It wouldn’t show up with the working light plugged in either. I believe you are 100 percent correct in that it’s the power supplies that fail. Not surprising given how notoriously hot they run

Back