Red Sea LED 90 not returning to schedule after power cut/outage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has experienced this. Had a couple small power outages this morning and afterwards my Red Sea LEDs would not return to their schedules on their own, and instead were just lit up at some unknown level. Noticed it because it was before they should turn on.

They showed as connected in ReefBeat and nothing seemed off there, other than them actually being ON, and not 0 on all channels as they should be. In manual mode they would instantly shift to match whatever I set them at, but when I went out of manual they would again be lit up at some unknown level not based on the schedule.

Only solution was to reboot each fixture. I did not wait for more than 10-15 minutes to see if they would fix themselves though.

A little concerning since it feels like these lights will just go haywire if power is cut, I have no faith they would automatically correct themselves based on my prior experience with them. They seem to like to have continuous power. Has anyone dealt with this before? I will mess with them later, but my guess is it has something to do with power being cut to the network/router at the same time?

I would of hoped they have some internal memory/clock and simply stick to that when not connected or powered on/off, syncing with ReefBeat once possible. Even then, it certainly did not feel like they were syncing on their own once connected.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HBtank

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened again, short outage and lights just end up permanently on, hard to tell exactly, as not all did this, but not on any schedule and stuck on all night.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I've experienced is that I occasionally lose connectivity to one or more Red Sea devices due to the sheer number of WiFi/Bluetooth devices running. At some point I plan to upgrade to a Nest to see if this solves the issue.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back