Red Sea Max 650 multiple questions

newreefnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 40 gallon tank that started over a year ago. I’ve had my RSM 650 for about 10 months now that I bought used. It’s the old T5 setup and I haven’t changed the bulbs yet because I haven’t had any corals in that tank and the former owner claimed they weren’t old. Getting to my point, I have 4 bulbs on each wing for a total of 8 and another one in the middle I believe. Does anyone have a recommendation for brand and I don’t know what colors I should use. I lost a candy cane and a Star Polyp in my old tank and my frog spawn started great but then stalled and never got bigger. I believe that tanks problem was too much flow. I had an led light on it which may also had been turned up too much and they may have been lost from user inexperienced. Also had some zoas that barely grew that I got from reefapalooza last year in Orlando. I bought this weekend another star Polyp and candy cane as well as a hammer and a pair of mushrooms. They are in the RSM but I don’t want to risk using bulbs I have no real idea their age. Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated. I was feeding my old corals with a bulb syringe with just plain food before. I bought some reef roids now to give a go. So far everything looks good except the hammer closed up and isn’t

OP
OP
newreefnick

newreefnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8630c2b1ac00ed3d5c2e78cf8b17bf0b.heic
IMG_9496.JPG
IMG_9498.JPG
IMG_9499.JPG
IMG_9501.JPG
IMG_9502.JPG
IMG_9503.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back