Red Sea Max E-170 Back Sump Refugium VS Tunze Refugium Reactor

FreeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am thinking of using the InTank E-170 media basket and the Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget refugium light to create a refugium in the bottom media basket of my back tank sump on my Max E-170. Has anybody ever done this? If so, I would love to know your thoughts and any photos.

OR

I will get a Tunze refugium reactor and place it in the cabinet below, but I do not know how I am going to pull out excess chaeto without spilling some water. Has anyone ever set that up? I would love to see how they did it and if they spill water with, they pull chaeto.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am thinking of using the InTank E-170 media basket and the Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget refugium light to create a refugium in the bottom media basket of my back tank sump on my Max E-170. Has anybody ever done this? If so, I would love to know your thoughts and any photos.

OR

I will get a Tunze refugium reactor and place it in the cabinet below, but I do not know how I am going to pull out excess chaeto without spilling some water. Has anyone ever set that up? I would love to see how they did it and if they spill water with, they pull chaeto.
Back fuges are common on AIOs. They work fine but space is limited. An algae reactor is much better for nutrient control but a lot of the pumps are very weak and can’t lift water very high. So you might have issues trying to pump from a cabinet back up to thr tank without replacing the included pump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back