Red Sea Max E-170 Back Sump Refugium VS Tunze Refugium Reactor

FreeReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
South Jordan
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am thinking of using the InTank E-170 media basket and the Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget refugium light to create a refugium in the bottom media basket of my back tank sump on my Max E-170. Has anybody ever done this? If so, I would love to know your thoughts and any photos.

OR

I will get a Tunze refugium reactor and place it in the cabinet below, but I do not know how I am going to pull out excess chaeto without spilling some water. Has anyone ever set that up? I would love to see how they did it and if they spill water with, they pull chaeto.
 
Hello, I am thinking of using the InTank E-170 media basket and the Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget refugium light to create a refugium in the bottom media basket of my back tank sump on my Max E-170. Has anybody ever done this? If so, I would love to know your thoughts and any photos.

OR

I will get a Tunze refugium reactor and place it in the cabinet below, but I do not know how I am going to pull out excess chaeto without spilling some water. Has anyone ever set that up? I would love to see how they did it and if they spill water with, they pull chaeto.
Back fuges are common on AIOs. They work fine but space is limited. An algae reactor is much better for nutrient control but a lot of the pumps are very weak and can’t lift water very high. So you might have issues trying to pump from a cabinet back up to thr tank without replacing the included pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new