RED SEA MAX NANO 2020 BUILD

RED BANDANA REEFING

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all my fellow nano reefers!

im new to this site but have used it for a few years now and ive taken the plunge to join in with all you reef addicts

Ive decided to set up a Red Sea Max Nano. Ive been looking at these tanks now for a little while and finally decided its the one for me.

i LOVE Red Sea products in general I think every product they sell is awesome. I love how the max nano looks and the build quality is awesome on these tanks!

im going to set this tank up as a mixed reef with softies,LPS and maybe a few SPS in the future but for now ill stick to the more forgiving corals! Ive also decided to follow the Red Sea reef care recipe for this tank.

Im currently waiting on these to be in stock in my LFS as I want to support them (they are only small) I’m waiting to get the new version with the Red Sea ReefLED lighting as I’m dying to try these out and also toying with maybe installing their ReefWave pumps too.

Please follow me on this build ill be updating regularly and hopefully all goes well

Does anybody have experience with this tank? Am I making the right decision?

cheers!!

RED BANDANA REEFING

CAF95A40-A8B5-4C76-B7CC-329075E486CE.png

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun...
@Peace River can this be moved to meet n greet if op would like?tia

Darins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya! Oh very nice! Which colour did you go for?
Are you getting the Red Sea reefled light or the older prime?

I’ll be following your build aswell!!

I actually got the older nano version off of craigs list after having the nano Max in my brs shopping cart for a while.

Mine did not come with the reefled, but rather a kessil a80 which seems nice. However, instead of the nano, i have a new 625xxl paid for and pending delivery. I purchased the deluxe version with reefled lights so ill have 3 of them on the tank. I read all about the limitations of red sea's light spectrum and such. Since i'm new to this, i actually appreciate that they have predetermined settings to ensure i dont cook my tank accidentally!

Worst case i can change the lights out when want the red/orange/yellow spectrum down the road...

Millimylilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got the older nano version off of craigs list after having the nano Max in my brs shopping cart for a while.

Mine did not come with the reefled, but rather a kessil a80 which seems nice. However, instead of the nano, i have a new 625xxl paid for and pending delivery. I purchased the deluxe version with reefled lights so ill have 3 of them on the tank. I read all about the limitations of red sea's light spectrum and such. Since i'm new to this, i actually appreciate that they have predetermined settings to ensure i dont cook my tank accidentally!

Worst case i can change the lights out when want the red/orange/yellow spectrum down the road...
So you bought a Red Sea nano after the 625xxl?

OP
OP
RED BANDANA REEFING

RED BANDANA REEFING

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ive never used kessil lights but have many friends that do and the shimmer is awesome the thing i always notice about them

wow thats a big tank lucky you!! My dream is a big reef tank one day but only when I’m more experienced i think

hmmm i see what your saying I just think i might stick with eco tech or the prime 16 HD by AI
Im interested in the nero 5 pumps aswell love how small they are so could control both the lights and the wavemakers with one app which appeals to me a lot!

i just hope my LFS has them in soon! The reefing hobby isn’t as easily accessible here in the uk as it is in the states

OP
OP
RED BANDANA REEFING

RED BANDANA REEFING

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal gramma are so cool, I was probably gonna get one for my 170. When I was scuba diving in the Caribbean they would hang out in groups of 3 or so

Oh wow that sounds amazing but i never knew you could keep more than one in a tank unless ive got that wrong?

i had one in my previous tank but didnt really see it much it found a hole in a rock and just stayed there haha

OP
OP
RED BANDANA REEFING

RED BANDANA REEFING

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I dk if u can keep more than one in a tank. I have only ever seen one

Yeah ive only ever seen one aswell

whilst I’m waiting for the tank to be in stock I’m going to start to make a equipment list

im going to be making a few tweaks/mods to the tank so stay tuned!!

has anyone here heard of a problem with the overflow with these tanks?
ive heard sometimes it bypasses the filter sock straight into the skimmer?
Aparently you can get a 3D printed peice of plastic to slide down the back to stop this
ive seen That on a few threads on here

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
clown goby
at a loss rt now for tiny fish,hope many more will chime in,:)@najer??

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back