Red Sea Max NANO with additional Bio Media

Goodersgold

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
117
Reaction score
80
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I plan to install some additional bio media into my new Red Sea Max Nano tank. Some say its not necessary in a nano tank as water changes will do the job, but I feel if I can provide as much "good stuff" in there as possible that's a good thing right? This will not be a substitute for water changes but an addition to. However I can't seem to find a media basket to fit the RS. I am replacing the stock skimmer with a Tunze 9001 so there's plenty of room, your thoughts or recommendations on positioning / placement please. Cheers
 
Hi, I plan to install some additional bio media into my new Red Sea Max Nano tank. Some say its not necessary in a nano tank as water changes will do the job, but I feel if I can provide as much "good stuff" in there as possible that's a good thing right? This will not be a substitute for water changes but an addition to. However I can't seem to find a media basket to fit the RS. I am replacing the stock skimmer with a Tunze 9001 so there's plenty of room, your thoughts or recommendations on positioning / placement please. Cheers
Hi mate I've ordered the upgraded 3d printed part for the rear sump. Weir mod media basket from ebay
 
Hi mate I've ordered the upgraded 3d printed part for the rear sump. Weir mod media basket from ebay
If it's the one that fits into the filter sock housing, don't bother it's way too small to fit anything meaningful in. I have one, you can have it! I placed 1/2 a kilo of Biohome Ultra in a media bag in the space were the stock skimmer was
 
If it's the one that fits into the filter sock housing, don't bother it's way too small to fit anything meaningful in. I have one, you can have it! I placed 1/2 a kilo of Biohome Ultra in a media bag in the space were the stock skimmer was
I've bought the kit now but thanks. Do you use the filter stock in there then in stead of the media basket. I was going to use the media basket and put some filter floss on top. Thanks mate
 
I've bought the kit now but thanks. Do you use the filter stock in there then in stead of the media basket. I was going to use the media basket and put some filter floss on top. Thanks mate
Yes I use the filter sock
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new