Red Sea Max NANO with additional Bio Media

Goodersgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I plan to install some additional bio media into my new Red Sea Max Nano tank. Some say its not necessary in a nano tank as water changes will do the job, but I feel if I can provide as much "good stuff" in there as possible that's a good thing right? This will not be a substitute for water changes but an addition to. However I can't seem to find a media basket to fit the RS. I am replacing the stock skimmer with a Tunze 9001 so there's plenty of room, your thoughts or recommendations on positioning / placement please. Cheers

leewilson2022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I plan to install some additional bio media into my new Red Sea Max Nano tank. Some say its not necessary in a nano tank as water changes will do the job, but I feel if I can provide as much "good stuff" in there as possible that's a good thing right? This will not be a substitute for water changes but an addition to. However I can't seem to find a media basket to fit the RS. I am replacing the stock skimmer with a Tunze 9001 so there's plenty of room, your thoughts or recommendations on positioning / placement please. Cheers
Hi mate I've ordered the upgraded 3d printed part for the rear sump. Weir mod media basket from ebay

OP
OP
Goodersgold

Goodersgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mate I've ordered the upgraded 3d printed part for the rear sump. Weir mod media basket from ebay
If it's the one that fits into the filter sock housing, don't bother it's way too small to fit anything meaningful in. I have one, you can have it! I placed 1/2 a kilo of Biohome Ultra in a media bag in the space were the stock skimmer was

leewilson2022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the one that fits into the filter sock housing, don't bother it's way too small to fit anything meaningful in. I have one, you can have it! I placed 1/2 a kilo of Biohome Ultra in a media bag in the space were the stock skimmer was
I've bought the kit now but thanks. Do you use the filter stock in there then in stead of the media basket. I was going to use the media basket and put some filter floss on top. Thanks mate

OP
OP
Goodersgold

Goodersgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought the kit now but thanks. Do you use the filter stock in there then in stead of the media basket. I was going to use the media basket and put some filter floss on top. Thanks mate
Yes I use the filter sock

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back