Red Sea Max S 400 lights

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Max S-400 with the LED light and canopy. Looking at new lights but they won’t fit in Red Sea Canopy. Anybody mounted light to the S-400 without the canopy. If so how.

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on the lights. Higher end lights generally come with tons of mounting options while some lights don't come with a mounting option that fits its own specs. BRS just did a 4 part series comparing top lighting options on many aspects including mounting. It's called BRS Led Showdown but it is 4+ hours long. The BRS Investigates series is much shorter and focused on individual lights covering everything you'd want to know.

MySonWantedAHamster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Max S-400 with the LED light and canopy. Looking at new lights but they won’t fit in Red Sea Canopy. Anybody mounted light to the S-400 without the canopy. If so how.
Do you mind if I ask why you want different lights. I've been considering a Red Sea Max, and was curious what drawbacks you ran into with the stock lighting setup.

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I'm following. Did yours not come with the mounting kit? Most lights that have tank mounting options will work on your tank but some only work on frameless glass iirc as there are so many different lights and mounting options.

OP
OP
A

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you are not familiar the S-400 uses a canopy they mount on rails on the side. I love the lights but not the canopy.

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am only familiar with the original red sea reefers. From the pics it looks like that canopy you're referring to is a thin piece that looks like a traditional rimmed aquarium? At least that is what I was thinking it was and I can't find anything about a different canopy. If I don't have that right maybe I'm not the one to be answering this question ;Bored

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back