OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah at the moment I have to fill a jug with about 2 gallons and lift it over the tank to fill ATO . Takes a couple trips. Once I get my hose set up right from the mixing station I will just pump the water from

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok!
A Pump would make life easier for me as well. Currently im lifting 5 gallon jugs to fill this huge ATO tank. Mine lasts about 7 days between fill up's. High humidity FL helps with evaporation.

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok!
A Pump would make life easier for me as well. Currently im lifting 5 gallon jugs to fill this huge ATO tank. Mine lasts about 7 days between fill up's. High humidity FL helps with evaporation.
Got the hose set up last weekend. Sure is nice.

1) go to RODI storage
2) turn on pump
3 ) walk to tank and filler her up...
4) cautiously remind myself that all my electrical is directly under the ATO fill..urrrrrrgggg

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune is set up...

Everything is mostly working.

Flow meter is not but also discovered if the water reaches the backup overflow then the meter is partially submerged.. so likely have to re plumb that anyway. Also it runs to the UV whichI still can't figure out how to send back to the display...

Been busy so I will calibrate the trident this weekend. But the numbers are weird...

No fish or coral yet and All and PH keep dropping...

Ask currently at 7.3 and PH reading around 7.7.
Mag is 1250 / Cal fluctuates between 500 and 475 but seems to be on a decline right now.

Also the chiller is way more active now that the apex is up... Need to explore why that would be. Tem in my house is around 68-74 these days and the tank is settling around 78.6.

Salt was getting bad readings but seem to be settled in at 34 which is confirmed by a Milwaukee Digital.

IMG_0471.jpeg
IMG_0472.jpeg

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having the skimmer (Red Sea 900) run about 2 weeks straight now I am still getting crazy micro bubbles. best I can guess is the water level in the sump is to high... can't really figure out how to drop it. Going to try and lift the skimmer on platform.

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the first 2 fishies... These little guys are doing great in QT now for a week. I did Safety Stop Rapid QT dips on them before going into holding. Eating Great. No signs of distress yet. Haven't decided if they need to be treated prophylactically yet? Maybe just deworm?

66648004931__9CD895CB-1199-4744-A840-CA9BBF74D48F.jpeg

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! My left most cabinet is storage with a few small bins with fish stuff in it. Id like to get rid of the stock power distribution and setup a hydros with power bars to control everything.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having the skimmer (Red Sea 900) run about 2 weeks straight now I am still getting crazy micro bubbles. best I can guess is the water level in the sump is to high... can't really figure out how to drop it. Going to try and lift the skimmer on platform.
If you want to drop the water level in the sump, assuming your using the float ATO just adjust the actual float so it tops the water up at a lower level. Drop the float angle a bit lower down if that makes sense.

Or as you say, just sit the skimmer on a platform, that’s probably a simple solution.

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to drop the water level in the sump, assuming your using the float ATO just adjust the actual float so it tops the water up at a lower level. Drop the float angle a bit lower down if that makes sense.

Or as you say, just sit the skimmer on a platform, that’s probably a simple solution.
I have a V1 650 sump but I think the new ones are the same. Its all the same level in the sump except the last chamber with the pump and ATO float. Moving the float only changes the level for the pump and nothing else. If you need the skimmer in less water then you need to lift it up.

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a V1 650 sump but I think the new ones are the same. Its all the same level in the sump except the last chamber with the pump and ATO float. Moving the float only changes the level for the pump and nothing else. If you need the skimmer in less water then you need to lift it up.
thanks I ended up having to lower the ATO float and then drain about 4 inches of water out of the sump...

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my first coral I put in a few weeks ago and apparently there is something called Zoa Pox... only solve with a API Furan 2 product which is discontinued... Sweetttt
IMG_0587.jpeg

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Frostbite Clowns transitioned nice out of QT to the DT tank. They have nearly doubled in size. Hard to take pictures of though. Added 4 new fish to the Holding tank. Biota Yellow Tang, Picturesque Dragonet (which LFS had labeled Green Mandarine), Diamond Back Watchman Goby and a Blue -Spotted Jawfish. Everyone is doing great so far. The Dragonet is eating Brine Shrimp and Mysis mix. I have seen it chasing pellets but not sure it can actually eat them. I put a dish with sand and rubble for the Goby and Jawfish and they have shoveled it all out and created a cove that they battle for daily... Such interesting fish to watch.
IMG_0548.jpeg
IMG_0540.jpeg
IMG_0597.jpeg
IMG_0577.jpeg

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some corals but not much to look at yet.

On Zoa Island I have - Greenbay packers, Sunny Delight , Iron Man and Blue Hornets... They all may or may not have Zoa Pox. ridding that out a little longer before I start trying to treat since apparently the only treatment is Faran 2 which you can't get.

On Euphyllia Cove I added this Frogspawn and I grabbed a basic Torch but it is big maybe 5 heads. So far so good. I have not perfected the Superglue technique yet... but hey it's a learning process. I grab a photo of the torch tonight. Need to figure out how to take Blue light photos as they look so much better in the blues....All the green on the one below glows florescent.

IMG_0566.jpeg

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has been a while since i have updated because nothing good has happened. But I need an entry for the give away ;-)

Beat back dinos with UV /MB7 Dosing and Phyto...

Lost about $3,000 in Euphyllia when it all just bailed out... (power outage is what I'm blaming)

Jawfish has been MIA for months...

Added Aiptasia eating File fish and it actually seems to be doing it's job... A few weeks back I added Red Digitada / Greens Birds Nest and a Pocillopora. Been 2 weeks and they look like they are doing real well.

Dosed some Iodine...

Not sure why but a good amount of my Zoa's are retracted. Tried to adjust lights down. We will see what happens. Might be the file fish but I have never seen him looking in that area...

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back