Red Sea Max S650 Return Pump Hose Specs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ApolloReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am replacing my red sea max s650 stock return pump with the Neptune COR20. I would like to keep my stock as backup. Does anyone know what the return line hose diameters are? Also, There is a union connection into the main down pipe, what is the thread size of the connection? My idea is to keep the stock pump with the hose attached and just disconnect at the main down pipe union for easy replacement is needed and buy new for the new pump.

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following! I wasn't able to figure out how to do this myself.... hopefully you can come up with a way! Good luck

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am replacing my red sea max s650 stock return pump with the Neptune COR20. I would like to keep my stock as backup. Does anyone know what the return line hose diameters are? Also, There is a union connection into the main down pipe, what is the thread size of the connection? My idea is to keep the stock pump with the hose attached and just disconnect at the main down pipe union for easy replacement is needed and buy new for the new pump.

I did the same thing on a S-400 to an Abyzz.

I got my stuff from Red Sea USA, because the fittings are metric at the stock manifold, but the inside diameter, is about 1" ID.

I can crew the old pump right onto the manifold.

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same thing on a S-400 to an Abyzz.

I got my stuff from Red Sea USA, because the fittings are metric at the stock manifold, but the inside diameter, is about 1" ID.

I can crew the old pump right onto the manifold.

Pics pls and more info on what parts.... PLEASE

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics pls and more info on what parts.... PLEASE

lol
I'm trying, give me a min.

You'll have to get the main hose with both connections from Red Sea USA.

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol
I'm trying, give me a min.

You'll have to get the main hose with both connections from Red Sea USA.

Really do appreciate it! Been try to figure this out for a while now...

OP
OP
A

ApolloReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Basically its the threaded part circled below. If you can get a replacement for this, you can connect any return pump to it, just unscrew and screw the new one in.
unnamed.jpg

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically its the threaded part circled below. If you can get a replacement for this, you can connect any return pump to it, just unscrew and screw the new one in.
unnamed.jpg
I believe it’s glued in..... no?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welp,

The brand new hose came with a 1" screw on connection to the pump.

Hope the below thread helps.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unnamed.jpg

Those are metric couplings.

Reef Pro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
A

ApolloReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I got back, somewhat helpful:

"Unfortunately, we do not have specific instructions for changing the plumbing on the S-series aquarium as each pipe has its own specific plumbing. The vinyl tubbing is 25mm/1in and the union connection is in metric units as well. I believe the union is 25mm, however the threads may be specific to the Red Sea parts used and the peices you find may not attach correctly.

I would suggest reaching out to fellow hobbyists online through forums and our Red Sea Facebook group to ask if anyone has done something similar to what you are looking to achieve. Usually fellow hobbyists are very open to helping with this. Apologies we could not be more of help."

Rspsturgis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I got back, somewhat helpful:

"Unfortunately, we do not have specific instructions for changing the plumbing on the S-series aquarium as each pipe has its own specific plumbing. The vinyl tubbing is 25mm/1in and the union connection is in metric units as well. I believe the union is 25mm, however the threads may be specific to the Red Sea parts used and the peices you find may not attach correctly.

I would suggest reaching out to fellow hobbyists online through forums and our Red Sea Facebook group to ask if anyone has done something similar to what you are looking to achieve. Usually fellow hobbyists are very open to helping with this. Apologies we could not be more of help."
On my RSM 500, I can confirm 25mm Unions are used on the return. The threaded fitting of a 25mm Union also screws into the overflow box interface. I am converting all plumbing to Mixed-standard by using metric to standard Union couplers (40mm/32mm/25mm) purchased from coralvue.com. Anybody else convert to mixed-standard returns, overflows, and manifold on RSM 500/650? Hope this helps.

6988171F-5F83-4A90-811D-F87869487FBE.jpeg

ghermes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my RSM 500, I can confirm 25mm Unions are used on the return. The threaded fitting of a 25mm Union also screws into the overflow box interface. I am converting all plumbing to Mixed-standard by using metric to standard Union couplers (40mm/32mm/25mm) purchased from coralvue.com. Anybody else convert to mixed-standard returns, overflows, and manifold on RSM 500/650? Hope this helps.

6988171F-5F83-4A90-811D-F87869487FBE.jpeg
Were you ever able to get this together. I am simply trying to create at new hose assembly for my red sea max-s 500. What hose barb's did you use to connect to the coupling and the pump end. Were you able to find a connector that screws onto the RS main return pump? Thanks.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back