Red Sea Nano G2 XL

  • Thread starter Thread starter Levi_21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Levi_21

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look for some feed back here,

I’ve heard some horror stories with Red Sea tanks failing at the seams-but it sounds like more of the bigger tanks having issues?

I want to purchase the G2 nano XL new, any users here experienced good/bad problems with their G2?
 
Personally, I never had any issues with my Max nano tank.
 
Look for some feed back here,

I’ve heard some horror stories with Red Sea tanks failing at the seams-but it sounds like more of the bigger tanks having issues?

I want to purchase the G2 nano XL new, any users here experienced good/bad problems with their G2?
No problem with mine. Going on 2 years old.
 
So far the Max Nano's seem to be ok and I have yet to hear an issue. I have the G2 Peninsula for a few months so time will tell. Personally would not touch anything Red Sea bigger than this even if they gave it to me for free.
 
If you have a choice, just go with something else. Ultimately, what would help you sleep better at night?
Well the G2 has everything I’m looking for that is an AIO, with that, that’s why I was curious to hear any feedback anyone might have.
 
Look at the waterbox 25 gallon peninsula. Pretty much identical. I understand the appeal of the Red Sea tanks, but it is more fun to pick your equipment than buy a package.
 
If i could turn back clocks a 4-5 months there is no way I would get the red sea nano (g2 cube) again. I have had tanks in the past but this time just wanted an AIO to setup on my home office desk

I have already replaced the light as the stand/bracket randomly broke and the whole light fell in my tank, they replaced it under warranty but id never trust that again.

The socket where the return pump comes back in to tank has a poor seal which i need to replace already.

The skimmer is terrible, its impossible to not get micro bubbles from it in to the tank not to mention its very noisey, i also have the AIO and a reefmat with everything lined up to desired levels.

I am about to go look in to another skimmer and if that dials in il sell the skimmer on ebay.

By the time im finished il have replaced all the stock equipment it came with thus meaning id have been better off buying individual pieces with far better quality
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new