Red Sea or waterbox?

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this question has been asked, however I have to ask it again. I’m between two tanks, the Red Sea 350 which is (roughly) 47”x20”x21” and the waterbox 105.4 which is 48”x24”x16”. Truthfully I prefer shallow lagoon style reefs, so I’m leaning toward the waterbox. However the glass is only 10mm which is the same glass they use on some 30 gallon tanks, which kind of worries me. Price on then WB tank is a bit more as well, also not too many videos or reviews on the waterbox tank. I’m kind of asking if anyone has experience with either, and can kind of weigh in. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have either one of those tanks but I do have two Redsea tanks (650 peninsula and 450) and I like them. Both Chinese manufacture tanks and probably at the same plant. The only thing I like about water box tanks is the larger ones have the factory built in manifold, wish Redsea would have done that. IMO there really is no difference other than the manifold and dimensions.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have either one of those tanks but I do have two Redsea tanks (650 peninsula and 450) and I like them. Both Chinese manufacture tanks and probably at the same plant. The only thing I like about water box tanks is the larger ones have the factory built in manifold, wish Redsea would have done that. IMO there really is no difference other than the manifold and dimensions.

That’s a nice insight, appreciate your opinion.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would go with waterbox. Many people have been complaining about Red Sea tanks lately. Also, Red Sea customer service seems horrible according to the owners.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back